No Bake Crunchy Slice
5 minutes to make, healthy, pantry ingredients, lunchbox friendly and kid tested and approved - there is a lot to love in this simple recipe. We recommend the kids helping with this one. You can double the batch once you have approval from your customers!
5 minutes prep time, 12 slices.
- Shallow pan, greased and lined with baking paper
- Food processor
- Bowl and spatula
- Fridge space
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1 1/4 cups Bran or Oak Flake based cereal such as Sultana Bran, the Be Natural range or Kellogg's Oat or Bran Flakes.
- One tablespoon cocoa
- 30g melted butter.
- Blend the coconut and dates in the blender for atleast 5 minutes. This creates an oil from the coconut that binds the ingredients once chilled.
- Add flakes to the bowl and crunch up with your hands. This is a great step for kids to help with in measuring and crunching.
- Add cocoa to the flakes and mix through.
- Add the coconut and dates to the flakes and mix.
- Add butter and mix, then put the mixture into the pan and press down with the spatula.
- Put into the fridge and cut into slices once hard. Should make atleast 12 slices.