We love a one cup recipe with pantry items. We also love minimal washing up. The only real work in this is the rolling part, which the kids can absolutely be helping you with! This will take 10 minutes from start to end. Store in the fridge. You should get atleast 24 balls.
These are great for lunch boxes for morning or afternoon tea or before sports in the afternoon. High in fibre for a sustained energy hit.
Blender/bowl/spoon and container you will store them in.
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup crushed weetbix
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Additional coconut to roll in
- Optional one cup of almonds, toasted lightly
- Put all ingredients excluding the honey and additional coconut into a blender.
- Melt honey in large bowl.
- Mix mixture from the blender into the honey bowl and push it all through evenly.
- Roll into balls no bigger than a walnut and roll in additional coconut. I usually add the coconut into the storage container, put all the balls into it, then pop the lid on and shake it up instead of rolling them one by one.